This is the next step in your first aid career after completing Level 1. Some companies and regulations will require learners to have a level 2 qualification due to the nature of their roles or responsibilities.
Learners need to be 14 years old or above to complete this course due to the amount of work covered.
- 32 Hours excluding the Exam. Normally taught over four full days.
- Minimum of 6 learners, maximum 12 learners per class
- Principles of First Aid & Safety Management
- Legal and Ethics of First Aid
- Emergency Scene Management
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- One and two rescuer CPR (adult, child and infant)
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Head and spinal injuries
- Joint and soft tissue injuries
- Rescue carries
- Chest injuries
- Hand injuries
- Eye injuries
- Multiple casualty management (Triage)
- Pelvic and abdominal injuries
- Environmental injuries
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Medical Conditions
- Elementary and applied anatomy and physiology